Netflix is the largest internet television service and a major player in the proposal for HTML5's Encrypted Media Extensions, which is a DRM scheme for the web. Netflix's business caters entirely to the interests of major media companies which mandate the use of DRM, preventing customers from being able to use GNU/Linux and only free software to view their media.
Take action against DRM on Netflix
|Cancel your Netflix account and tell them to drop DRM.||Sign the petition to block Apple, Google, Microsoft, Netflix, and the BBC from injecting DRM into the web.|
Learn More: Netflix and DRM
- 2013-08-28 - Sell your Netflix stock to send a message: no DRM in HTML
- 2013-07-03 - Customers streaming away from Netflix
- 2013-06-27 - #CancelNetflix: Arrested Development isn't the only thing they screwed up
- 2009-07-27 - Netflix forces users to use proprietary operating systems and proprietary software.
- 2008-01-03 - Only approved monitors permitted with Netflix
- 2007-10-06 - Netflix chooses to revive DRM on video, after we defeated it on music.
- 2008-12-03 - 35 Days Against DRM -- Day 2: Netflix