Saturday, June 10th 11am (local time) - Technologists to descend upon Apple Stores throughout the USA, in flash mob actions warning consumers about Digital Restrictions Management (DRM) found in Apple's iPod and iTunes.
DRM is the annoying technology imposed by the movie and music industry that is quickly becoming a hot topic for consumers.
The grass roots group DefectiveByDesign.org has caused controversy within the on-line Community with their high profile events that have seen Hazmat suit wearing protesters targeting high-tech companies for distributing defective products containing DRM.
In targeting Apple, DefectiveByDesign has also released details of their new marketing campaign spoofing the well know iPod commercials. The images released show a female iPod user tied up by the ubiquitous white earbud cord. The images are now available.
For more on recent DRM news:
WHAT: Apple iPod and iTunes Flash Mob protesters wearing Hazmat suits.
WHEN: Saturday June 10th 11:00am (local time)
- Apple Store New York: 767 Fifth Ave., New York, NY 10153
- Apple Store Boston: 100 Cambridgeside Galleria, Cambridge, MA 02141
- Apple Store Chicago: 679 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
- Apple Store Seattle: 4702 NE University Village Pl, Seattle, WA 98105
- Apple Store San Fracisco: 1 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA 94108
- Secret Location to be released Thursday June 8
Contact: Gregory Heller, Media Coordinator