We're less than two weeks away from International Day Against DRM (IDAD), an annual day of action and celebration against Digital Restrictions Management (DRM). It's happening this September 18th, all over the world and the Web. IDAD is the day to stand together and loudly declare our stance against DRM. This is your chance to join a worldwide movement of people standing for digital freedom.
Here's what you can do
People are gathering digitally and in-person to take action against DRM, and you can be involved. Here are just a few things you can do as an individual:
- Organize a flyering event. If you haven't done one before, check out our Giving Guide Giveaway Primer, as inspiration. You can also contact us at email@example.com for advice and materials.
- Go a Day Without DRM! We're challenging ourselves to go a day without using DRM. We'll be blogging about the experience afterwards and sharing on social media throughout the day.
- Write your own blog post about why you oppose DRM.
- Share on social media using the hashtag #IDAD.
Organizations can participate as well!
Do you run or work for an organization that opposes DRM? You can join us as well.
- Show your support through adding your logo to the logo cloud on the right-hand side of this page.
- Organize an event in your area. Past events have included a video game festival, film screenings, rallies in public spaces, and protests at DRM-supporting businesses.
- Share with your members, constituents, supporters, and followers why you stand against DRM.
- Offer a discount, deal, or giveaway of DRM-free media or DRM-free devices.
We're also interested in hearing your ideas, so feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.